Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 24: And So It Begins...

Testing has begun... this week I spent almost every hour during the school day testing Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking to half of approximately 160 ELL students on Southwest campus, and still have two more days next week to complete my part. I am anxious to see the results, and hoping  that the assessments show that the new ELL program has been a success, while remembering we are testing the students three months earlier than last year and on computers instead of paper pencil. It may be like comparing apples to oranges, we will see... 

I  hosted Maker Monday this week for a large group of second graders and their families. We also unveiled the Imagination Station  in the Makerspace. The purpose is to build a structure on a small scale with the small blue blocks then replicate that structure on a larger scale with the Big Blue Blocks. 
Two groups visited Southwest this week to see the amazing things we are doing! Southwestern Oklahoma State University pre-service teachers actually came in several groups Wednesday morning. They went into a few classrooms and spent time in our Makerspace. Edmond Public Schools visited Friday morning. They were interested in the Makerspace, how we started, how it is going, and where we want to be. It is always wonderful to connect, share, learn, and grow. 

During the week I was able to assist a few teachers with minor things: Twitter refresher and setting up an initial Mystery Skype. I also took the Students of the Month pictures, put them in a video and  I was also able to sneak in our weekly recap, you can watch it below.


Thank you for allowing me to share as I learn and grow each week,
Mrs. Hime

No comments:

Post a Comment