Friday, January 1, 2016

Week 18: First Semester Complete...I Survived!

I just completed the first semester in my new position...and I survived! As I  looked back at weeks 1 thru 17 blog posts I realized that each week was so different, this week did not disappoint.

I had the opportunity to be a part of team meetings with each second thru fourth grade teacher this week. Myself, Reading Coaches, our Principal, and Asst. Principal met with each teacher to go over benchmark data. We worked as a team to make a second semester plan for each student, I think it was a success!

I hosted Innovation & Tech Tuesday this week. There was a record crowd of twenty-seven in attendance, it was a wonderful time of connecting, sharing, learning, and growing! My "Favorite Thing" this week was in honor of one of my former students that lost his life last week. Each weekend, for many years as a classroom teacher,  I wrote each member of my class a note of encouragement, and placed it on their desk before school each Monday morning. I wanted to share this story, the impact that it had in my classroom, and a few sweet stories about my former student. After sharing, I gave each person  a cute notepad, we got in a big circle,  and played a fun game. As Mr. Meget read the "The Night Before Christmas Break" each time he said "the" we passed the notepads to the left. When the poem was over each teacher was able to keep the notepad in their hand. GOOD TIMES!

One of the goals I set for this school year was to organize, produce, and publish "Southwest Weekly Recap" each week to help bridge the gap between school and home. I am so excited that I am halfway there! 


I completed the first semester by visiting with groups of teachers in the Makerspace Friday morning. I was able to take them on a "walk around", share information about each station, answer questions, and jot down ideas and suggestions. 

When is a "new" job not "new" anymore? Second semester here I come! 

Thank you for allowing me to share my journey as I learn and grow each week,
Mrs. Hime 






No comments:

Post a Comment