Sunday, August 14, 2016

A Summer Full of Learning...

I can not believe summer is coming to an end... it has flown by! What is that saying, "time flies when you're having fun". I have had so many opportunities to learn and grow this summer, I can not wait to share with the amazing staff at Southwest Elementary! 

I started my summer with two days of webpage training. I know that sounds boring, but I learned so many new things, I have already put many of the ideas into practice on our campus webpage. You can see it here! 

I was invited to a LETRS training by one of our second grade teachers, I am so glad I went! Not only did I learn and grow as a reading teacher but I got to spend the day with one of the best teachers I know! 

It was great to see so many of my peers and friends at the summer CCOSA conference. My favorite session was watching my husband and several other amazing educators discuss #oklaed. I am so proud of these men that had this idea five years ago and haven't backed down. It has been trending as one of the top chats on Twitter! 

I spent a week in Edmond with an outstanding group of Southwest teachers! We not only attended Great Expectations but we also spent time on the way there and back and at lunch each day going over all the things we had learned and how we were going to implement it on our campus. It was an outstanding week! 

Traveling to Denver with Clinton colleagues was a definite high of my summer. We not only attended awesome meetings, gathered many ideas to bring back, but we collaborated on the way to, and home from, Denver. You could say I was "brain dead" when we returned home!

My office was packed and moved. It is coming together slowly between meetings and getting ready for the new school year. 

A week of Leadership and Strategic Planning meetings were also on my agenda this summer. These meetings were held in Clinton, with Clinton school and community leaders. It is wonderful to work and learn with such amazing people. 

School is starting in four days, I think I am prepared! 

August ELL News 
August Innovation & Technology News 

I am not sure what my blogs are going to look like this year, I may change it up a bit.  For the past four years I have reflected each week, this year I may blog on specific topics, thoughts, and ideas. Stay tuned! 

Stephanie Hime
ELL/EdTech/Asst. Principal 


No comments:

Post a Comment