Friday, April 1, 2016

Week 30: Never a Dull Moment!

What a busy week! Life is good...

My week started with SES Students of the Month in the Makerspace. We collaborated to make a giant piano! The students used Scratch, Makey Makey, foil, duct tape, and banner paper. It was a wonderful learning experience for all! 


We hosted third graders and their parents Monday evening for Maker Monday. This has proven to be a great way to involve our SES families on our campus. 


I hosted SES first Lunch & Learn this week, it was a huge success! I decided to do it in the place of Wireless Wednesday. The theme was testing, but not what you think... stars were hanging from the ceiling, the test fairy had left a motivational note on a poster, we discussed the book "The Big Test" and how reading it aloud would open a discussion with the students to share their feelings about the test. We had a spinning wheel for prizes, pizza, and salad.  Almost every faculty/staff member attended a session! 




March's Tech challenge ended Thursday. I put the  names of the teachers that completed the aurasma project on a spinner app then I used periscope to announce the winner.  

The remainder of my time this week was spent assisting teachers with ELL and technology. I worked on our SES motivational testing video too, I think the teachers may get a bigger kick out of it than the students! 

There is one element about my week that never changes: organizing, producing, and publishing the Weekly recap. 


Thank you for allowing me to share my journey as I learn and grow each week, I am having the time of my life!
Mrs. Hime
                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment