Sunday, May 8, 2016

Week 35: Time is Running Out

This week was like all the others...in that each day was different!

The week began with a surprise in Rise & Shine to honor the hard work our principal and assistant principal do each day. The school counselor and I organized it, the whole band (flags and all) marched in playing the school song, the cheerleaders led us in a cheer, we watched a special video made just for the honorees, and we gave them each a gift. It was a fun morning! 


Our campus hosted a group from Putnam City this week. They are beginning the first steps in implementing a Makerspace. I was able to assist in showing them around ours and answering any questions or concerns they have as they move forward. I have loved this part of my job this year! I am able to share the good, the bad, the ugly, what worked, what didn't, and what we learned from it. 

I traveled to Merritt this week with a few of my colleagues to look at the awesome things they are doing! It was a wonderful day of connecting, sharing, learning, and growing. I came away with some new ideas, I can't wait to integrate them! 

I published the last Innovation & Technology News for the year. It included a link for the Ipevo Wishpool, a document for sharing Paper-free day ideas (May 11th), a link for ReCharge, and a Padlet for feedback. 

I had the opportunity to help Pearson setup for a textbook demo. I sat with second grade teachers and examined the series along with them. I can't wait to see which series our campus votes for, I love new books! 

Each week I organize, produce, and publish the Weekly Recap. I have learned something new each week about our faculty/staff, this week I learned that Mrs. Summer Hernandez actually went to Southwest as a little girl! 

Our week ended with an amazing Rise & Shine where each teacher shared why they teach. It was powerful to listen to each teacher and the way they view their profession, their thoughts, feelings...it was wonderful! 

Thank you for allowing me to share each week as I learn & grow this year, I am having the time of my life! 
Mrs. Hime
14 days to make a difference! 






No comments:

Post a Comment