Sunday, May 1, 2016

Week 34: Beginning of the End

It was a wonderful week at SES! We had our last pep rally this  week for our little second graders who were taking their final benchmark of the year. The gym was decorated with banners, we showed our campus motivational videos, and the gym was full of parents. I am so glad our campus decided to do this each Monday of testing season! 

I hosted the last Innovation & Wireless Wednesday this week. The theme was "This year has been a big hit".  I painted white tablecloths to look like the thread of a baseball, played "Take me out to the ballgame", and served Cracker Jacks, popcorn, and Baby Ruth candy bars. I turned the table on everyone this month and asked them to share a favorite lesson or tool they have used this year. It was awesome to see the amazing lessons, ideas, and things that were shared. Each month I share one of my favorite things (Mrs. Hime's Favorite Things), this month I shared sunglasses (because SES teachers are so bright) along with an end of the year poem. It was a wonderful afternoon of connecting, sharing, learning, and growing! 




Sometimes the "small things" make up a large portion of my week.  I published the last ELL newsletter of the year, sent out instructions to complete ELL binders, hosted the Students of the Month in the makerspace, and hosted two ladies from the State Department of Education this week in the Makerspace. They interviewed several students, teachers, Mr. Meget, and myself. I can't wait to see the final article they are writing! 

As always my week ended organizing, producing, and publishing the Weekly Recap, I can not believe we have completed thirty-four weeks of school! 

Thank you for allowing me to share my journey each week as I learn & grow,
Mrs. Hime

We have 19 days to make a difference!


No comments:

Post a Comment